Friday 17th July 1600-1800 (GMT+1)
Julia E Dyck hosts a virtual encounter where participants will set up their own DIY internet radio stream and learn the basics of servers and streaming technology. Following the technical procedure, the group will engage in relational experiments using different methods of transmission and discuss the subversive and transformative potential of radio.
15 max participants
- Learning outcomes:
- basic understanding of livestreaming
- how to make the most out of your laptop for sound projects
- how to broadcast your own independent radio show for free
- critical thinking about media production/ the internet
- feminist practices for radio making
Required Equipment: headphones, computer
Required Software: BUTT (https://sourceforge.net/projects/butt/) and Soundflower (https://github.com/mattingalls/Soundflower/releases/tag/2.0b2)
Sign up here: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/bedroom-transmission-a-workshop-by-julia-e-dyck-tickets-112348005910
Julia E Dyck is a Canadian sound artist and radio producer working in performance, composition, installation, and transmission. She’s interested in the possible relations between the body, consciousness, and technology.